Robert Brownson is a Panelist at January 29, 2020 Perrin Conferences, Coverage and Litigation Issues Surrounding Sexual harassment, Assault and Abuse Claims National Conference in New York City.
On January 29, 2020, Bob Brownson was a Panelist on “Finding and Organizing Coverage” at the national conference, “Coverage and Litigation Issues Surrounding Sexual harassment, Assault and Abuse Claims by Perrin Conferences in New York City. Bob’ topic centered on the insurer’s perspective of proof required to establish the existence, and terms and conditions of lost and missing insurance policies in the context of legacy sexual abuse claims. He reviewed the unique aspects of the religious organizations seeking such insurance that makes the search for old lost and missing policies especially challenging.
This panel will cover:
1) Lost/missing policies, archaeology, and policy terms
2) Complexity with record keeping- exhaustion across many years, claimants, and different carriers
3) Settlements made assuming liability is complete-and then facing changed statutes of limitations
4) Risk management of insureds
5) Keeping accurate records of defense and claims costs, and cost management